Skip to toolbar

Welcome to SSB! Forums I Have a Question to Ask 2020 – From Your Perspective Reply To: 2020 – From Your Perspective

• Amor Traceski

November 12, 2020 at 1:01 am

Definitely a year of unexpected adventures and misadventures; a year of learning and growing through the fears and discoveries. Since we live in the Sierra Foothills of Northern California in what’s called “fire hazard severity zones” aka “wildlands,” we’ve suffered the worst fire season ever — over 4 million acres burned! And, because of that, we’ve been living daily with the possibility of having to evacuate at a moment’s notice. So, we always have our GO (emergency) bags ready, our cars full of gas, and facing the road.

Fears were heightened when the sun shone red everyday when thick smoke from nearby fires completely covered our areas for weeks, making it even harder to breathe….and negativity filled the air even more, because the smoke and the fear seemed to be suffocating us all.

I remember comparing the feeling to having cancer attack and threaten to destroy. The fear, the loss, the grief, the hatred, the overwhelm, the anger, the desperation, etc. seemed to be everywhere. When I reflected on it all, I turned to prayer, as I always do when I need to seek peace and strength. And I felt in my heart that, yes we’re going through tough challenges right now, but in time, we will survive and grow through these difficulties.

We all have a choice to keep hope alive, to learn and to move forward with grace and gratitude despite the negativity or to grow bitter because of all the negativity. I choose the former. I choose peace, life and, most of all, love!

Sending positive vibes, Brandon!

Amor